The boxes will arrive to your school in early August, for you to use during National Science Week 2020, 15-22 August. To be eligible to receive a box, you need to be teaching high school, years 7-12.
Each box includes written instructions, a video of one our students or teachers performing the activity to guide you, and all the materials you need for each activity. Please note that for the Strawberry DNA extraction activity, we do require you to source your own strawberries as we cannot post them, and also provide some liquids for the pH testing activity.
Some of the activities included in the ANU STEM Box are:
- Strawberry DNA extraction
- Glitter bug handwashing
- Bubble activities: Blowing cube-shaped bubbles and how to blow bubbles in a bubble
- Measuring the size of the sun (we encourage you to recycle the box your STEM box arrives in for this activity)
- Investigating the pH of substances
- Binary Telephone
- The compass: An adventure in time
- ISBN Challenge.
We will also include some resources for additional challenges and activities for your class if you are interested.
We would love to see you and your class using the boxes, so please take a photo or two and send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on Facebook or Instagram @ScienceANU.
Register below to have a free STEM box sent to your school to use during National Science Week. There are a limited number of boxes available, so get in quick!