There are a number of Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) for domestic students in postgraduate coursework programs offered by the ANU College of Health and Medicine and the ANU College of Science (CHM / COS).
A CSP can save more than 50 per cent on the cost of full-fee postgraduate study. With a CSP, students will instead pay the equivalent of undergraduate fees for their postgraduate coursework.
CSP places are available for the following programs:
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics (Advanced)
- Master of Biotechnology (Advanced)
- Master of Earth Sciences (Advanced)
- Master of Energy Change (Advanced)
- Master of Environment (Advanced)
- Master of Environmental Science (Advanced)
- Master of Forestry (Advanced)
- Master of Mathematical Sciences (Advanced)
- Master of Neuroscience (Advanced)
- Master of Public Health (Advanced)
- Master of Science (Advanced) in Biological Sciences
- Master of Science (Advanced) in Nuclear Science
- Master of Science (Advanced) in Precision Instrumentation and Measurement
- Master of Science (Advanced) in Quantitative Biology and Bioinformatics
- Master of Science (Advanced) in Quantum Technology
- Master of Science Communication Outreach
CSP are limited in number and selection is highly competitive. Not all applicants will be successful. CSP offers will be released throughout late January and February for Semester 1 intake and late June and July for Semester 2 intake (subject to availability). If an applicant declines their CSP offer, this place may be offered to the next ranked applicant. In some circumstances, a CSP may be offered after the semester begins.
- Domestic student i.e. Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens or Australian Permanent Resident holders.
- Students must be commencing a new CHM / CoS postgraduate coursework program to be eligible for a CSP.
- Students must have submitted their UAC application and have their UAC number.
- Students in research based programs including the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) are not eligible.
- Students in non-award study are not eligible.
The selection of students for CSP will be based purely on academic merit (e.g. past academic performance, level of qualifications: PhD, H1, Masters).
Successful students are expected to take up their CSP in the semester for which it was offered. Requests to defer the CSP will not be considered.
The CSP is only available for the prescribed duration of the program in which the student initially enrols. Should the student change their program the CSP will be forfeited.
Student contribution amounts for new and continuing students by ANU are assessed in accordance with the amount stipulated by the Government for Commonwealth supported students. Current amounts for Commonwealth supported students.
Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) are limited and awarded competitively on the basis of prior tertiary study. (Students with first class honours, Masters, PhD will be the most competitive). All students will be considered for a CSP, no separate application is necessary.