The series of STEM Challenges is an opportunity for high school and college students from across Australia to participate in fun weekly STEM challenges set by The Australian National University.
Challenge 1: Released on 14 April 2020 (due to public holiday Monday)
Challenge 2: Released on 20 April 2020
Challenge 3: Released on 27 April 2020
Challenge 4: Released on 4 May 2020
Challenge 5: Released on 11 May 2020
Challenge 6: Released on 18 May 2020
Challenge 7: Released on 25 May 2020
Challenge 8: Released on 2 June 2020 (due to public holiday in the ACT)
Challenge 9: Released on 8 June 2020
Challenge 10: Released on 15 June 2020
Challenge 11: Released on 22 June 2020
Challenge 12: Released on 29 June 2020
Terms and conditions
- ANU Joint Colleges of Science is the ANU Joint Colleges of Science (ABN: 52 234 063 906)
- Information on how to enter the ANU Science Case Study Competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to all Australian residents.
- Entry to the competition is via the science.anu.edu.au website: www.science.anu.edu.au\
- There is no entry fee for the competition.
- ANU College of Science Staff and their immediate family are excluded from participation
- There is (1) prize available for the best entry each week:
- First Prize is a $20 UberEats gift card;
- All prizes are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- ANU Joint Colleges of Science reserves the right to modify or remove any prizes if required, or not to award a prize.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the Prize Winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not transferable to another person or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed as cash.
- The entrant will be solely responsible for any costs or taxes incurred as part of the competition, or claiming of the prize, including but not limited to any taxes.
- Prize winners will be notified in writing (email) on the Monday following the submission deadline.
- Only one entry is allowed per person per week.
- By entering the competition, you declare that the submitted work is entirely your own.
- ANU Joint Colleges of Science reserves the right to withdraw applications at any stage for any reason determined appropriate by ANU Joint Colleges of Science.
- ANU Joint Colleges of Science reserves the right to extend or modify the closing date.
- Submissions will be marked by a panel of judges chosen by ANU Joint Colleges of Science.
- ANU Joint Colleges of Science reserves the right to determine the final outcome of the competition, and to name and order winners and prizes.
- By entering the competition, the entrant gives permission for ANU Joint Colleges of Science and sponsors to use the winners name, likeness and work for promotional purposes, and other purposes deemed appropriate.
- Participants agree that ANU Joint Colleges of Science and sponsoring entities are not liable for any damages or losses arising from the competition.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- ANU Joint Colleges of Science reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of ANU Joint Colleges of Science, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of ANU Joint Colleges of Science, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or ANU Joint Colleges of Science. ANU Joint Colleges of Science reserves the right to disqualify a winner if ANU Joint Colleges of Science becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- ANU Joint Colleges of Science accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including delays in the completion of tasks due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- ANU Joint Colleges of Science’s decision is final and ANU Joint Colleges of Science will not enter into correspondence regarding the result or winning entries.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders ANU Joint Colleges of Science’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, ANU Joint Colleges of Science may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- ANU Joint Colleges of Science reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
- ANU Joint Colleges of Science collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion.