The ANU College of Health and Medicine Competition is an opportunity for the brightest undergraduate students from Indian Colleges and Universities to compete to solve an issue facing India: Implications of Population Growth in India: Now and in the Future
Teams of 2-4 people will participate in preparing a response to a case study prepared by academics from The Australian National University.
The competition will run between 18 September- 18 October 2023. Winners will be announced in November 2023.
Register to get more information on the case study problem and other updates.
- 6 July - Registrations open
- 15 September - Registrations close
- 18 September - Case study released via Email
- 4 October - Webinar with Academic Panel
- 18 October - Case study submissions due (*Due to large number of requests, the submission deadline has been extended to 23 October 9am AEDT).
- 31 October - Finalists notified to create a video explaining their submission
- 14 November - Finalists video submissions due
- 29 November - Winners announced
How it works
- Form a team of 2-4 people. All members of a team need to be students of the same university/college from an Indian institution
- All teams must register for the competition and provide supporting documentation. Registration and participation is free.
- To ensure all teams have the same amount of preparation time, teams will all receive an email containing a link to download the case study, marking rubric and the upload link at 3pm AEST 18 September 2023.
- Teams will then have four weeks to complete their response to the case study, and submit it via the upload link by 9am AEDT Monday 23 October 2023 (*new submission deadline).
- Responses will be reviewed and assessed by Australian National University academics, and the top five submissions will be invited to record a 10-minute video presentation of their submission to the case study.
- The top three submissions based on their written and video submissions will be awarded prizes at their university by Australian National University academics.
- The ANU College of Health and Medicine values the richness that gender diversity brings to the health and medical sciences. As such, we encourage teams to represent this diversity.
Winners will be notified by email on 29th November 2023.
- 1st prize: $2,000 AUD equivalent Amazon gift card
- 2nd prize: $1,000 AUD equivalent Amazon gift card
- 3rd prize: $500 AUD equivalent Amazon gift card
All participants will receive a certificate of participation from The Australian National University. Participants selected to submit a video presentation will receive a finalist certificate of achievement. Winners of 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize will receive a gift card and a certificate.
2022 Winning Videos
- 1st place - The Resuscitators
- 2nd place - Team Rocket
- 3rd place - Holisticare
Terms and Conditions
The Australian National University College of Health and Medicine (ABN: 52 234 063 906)
Information on how to enter the ANU Health & Medicine Case Study Competition 2023 is included in the Terms and Conditions below.
- Entry is open to undergraduate/bachelor students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program within India, and are undertaking at least one health or medicine related unit.
- All participating members of a team must be from the same institution.
- Entry to the competition is via the ANU Health & Medicine website: https://health.anu.edu.au/engagement/community-outreach/health-medicine-case-study-competition-2023
- There is no entry fee for the competition.
- For any concerns or queries please email outreach.CHM@anu.edu.au
- The competition opens on 18 September 2023. Winners will be notified on 28 November 2023. More information will be provided on the registration page.
- There are three (3) prizes available for the three best entries:
- 1st prize: AUD $2000 Amazon gift card of equivalent value
- 2nd prize: AUD $1000 Amazon gift card of equivalent value
- 3rd prize: AUD $500 Amazon gift card of equivalent value
- Gift cards are valid for 36 months from the date of the prize draw.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the Prize Winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not transferable to another person or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed as cash.
- The ANU College of Health & Medicine collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion. Prize Winners must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the ANU College of Health & Medicinee, consent to a photograph with ANU staff, and the use of the image and video for relevant marketing activities. The ANU College of Health & Medicine collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion.
- Prize winners will be notified in writing (email) within fourteen (14) days of the academic panel completing their review of each case study. Results of the Case Study Competition will be published on the ANU College of Health & Medicine website.
- Entries must not exceed the 5000 word limit (excluding references, headings and title text) and the ANU College of Health & Medicine reserves the right to use its discretion should entries exceed this limit.
- Only one entry is allowed per group. Each group must contain two (2) to four (4) students from the same university.
- By entering the competition, you declare that the submitted work is entirely your own. The ANU College of Health & Medicine will immediately disqualify any work suspected of being plagiarised or suspected to be subject to academic misconduct.
- Entries must be written in English and submitted in a pdf format.
- The views expressed in the essays do not reflect on the views of the ANU College of Health & Medicine, and remain solely the views of the entrant.
- By entering the competition, you declare that the submitted work is entirely your own. The ANU College of Health & Medicine will disqualify any work suspected of being plagiarised or suspected to be subject to academic misconduct.
- By entering the competition, you declare that all information provided is correct and not misleading, and you meet the eligibility requirements to participate in this competition.
- The ANU College of Health & Medicine reserves the right to withdraw applications at any stage for any reason determined appropriate by the ANU College of Health & Medicine.
- The ANU College of Health & Medicine reserves the right to extend or modify the closing date.
- Submissions will be marked by a panel of judges chosen by the ANU College of Health & Medicine. As part of the competition the ANU College of Health & Medicine will provide submissions and entrant details to each member of the judging panel.
- The ANU College of Health & Medicine reserves the right to determine the final outcome of the competition, and to name and order winners and prizes, in discussion with sponsors and judges.
- By entering the competition, the entrant gives permission to the ANU College of Health & Medicine and sponsors to use the winners name, likeness and work for promotional purposes, and other purposes deemed appropriate.
- Participants agree that the ANU College of Health & Medicine and sponsoring entities are not liable for any damages or losses arising from the competition.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- The ANU College of Health & Medicine reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the ANU College of Health & Medicine, includes objectionable content, profanity, and potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements.
- The ANU College of Health & Medicine reserves the right to disqualify any entrant/team that tampers with the entry process, submits an entry that is not in accordance with the terms and conditions of entry or that has, in the opinion of the ANU College of Health & Medicine, engaged in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or ANU College of Health & Medicine. The ANU College of Health & Medicine reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they believe has breached any of these conditions.
- The ANU College of Health & Medicine reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the ANU College of Health & Medicine becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry does not satisfy the terms and conditions.
- The ANU College of Health & Medicine accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including delays in the completion of tasks due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The ANU College of Health & Medicine’s decision is final and the ANU College of Health & Medicine will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or winning entries.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the ANU College of Health & Medicine’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the ANU College of Health & Medicine may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.